ALWAYS ENJOY THE JOURNEY AS MUCH AS THE DESTINATION.....

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Something old and something new

Hey Bloggie!
Nice to write with you again! Tonight I have a couple things to catch you up on so let's get started...
First, I had the good fortune to meet up with one of my dearest friends. Her name is Dace Chamchot, I have been friends with her for about 13 years, and although I don't get to see her very often we always keep up with one another. Her, her husband Tera (who is from Thailand), and ten-year-old son Amon moved first to Hawaii about four years ago, and then about six months ago they moved to Thailand.
She contacted me a couple of weeks ago to tell me that they were in town and she would like to try and meet up. I said, "YES" of course! I couldn't wait to see her and Amon! We met at the Fort Worth Nature Center, I took my monkeys with me and we had a great time! We looked around the center, and then we took a couple of hikes. We talked alot, and at one point we even plopped down in the middle of a trail and had a pow-wow!
Dace is a first grade teacher in Thailand, and Amon goes to an International School there. Tera runs an organic farm in the countryside, and they are planning a camp for people who practice Moi Thai (sp? it is Thai martial arts) coming up in the fall. Dace is always a calm, gentle person, full of wonder for what makes each person tick, and a wealth of worldly information. We have always been kindred spirits and whenever we get around each other it is as if we have never been apart.


I am soooooo glad I got the chance to see Dace and Amon! Dace is the only person that has ever called me Mandy, and I kinda like it! :)

Then Bloggie, I got a new arrival in the mail! I was so super duper excited! I had been waiting and waiting for it to arrive. I had scoured the internet for hours looking for the best deal I could find. My O.H. (obsessive hubby) told me I spent more time pouring over buying it than I did buying my house....maybe.
MY HAMMOCK!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO! It is so awesome! It is an ENO Doublenest Hammock in navy and olive. I had originally chosen purple and forest, but The Hammock Company, the company I finally found the best deal from, called me after I ordered it to let me know they were sold out of that color. Oh well, I love it no matter the color. It is my own little coccoon that I can set up anywhere I like. I can sit in it like a chair, lay back and feel the breeze as I sway back and forth, or wrap all up in it and shut out the world while I just hang there. Then when I want to take it with me, it folds into a little bag the size of a grape fruit. What a wonderful thing to arrive on my doorstep!

Well that's all for tonight Bloggie, I will try to bend your page again tomorrow.
Your friend in Texas,

Amanda with an A

2 comments: